Do you come from Svilajnac, Pljevlja, Obilić or Tuzla? You are a student, and you also want to take a more active role in your community and make it a healthier place to live?
We are looking for you!
The European Movement in Serbia in cooperation with partners, Center for Ecology and Energy (Tuzla), Institute D4D (Pristina) and ALFA Center (Niksic) is launching a project called the Regional Green Youth Charter, co-financed by The Western Balkans Fund.
We want to empower students from less developed areas, with high GHG emissions in the Western Balkans to take a more active role in their local communities towards fair transition to renewable energy production and GHG reductions, to advocate for a more ambitious agenda among WB policy makers, but also to raise awareness among youth in the Western Balkans, about the importance of this topic.
We will choose 16 students (4 from each community: Serbia, BiH, Montenegro and Kosovo *), who will participate in the training seminar, contribute to the development of an online platform and the Regional Green Youth Charter, within which policy makers will be presented with concrete measures to set more ambitious agenda for reducing GHG emissions, but also their application in practice.
- university students
- relevant educational and professional experience (formal, non-formal and informal education/voluntary work, internship);
- interest in participating in project activities
- knowledge of existing local environmental problem and its presentation in a short video
- knowledge of English language
- advantage: students from Pljevlja, Svilajnac, Tuzla and Obilić, and students of environmental studies – other students will be selected only if there are places left.
Application: Candidates should send a short video (1-2 minutes) presenting themselves (their educational and professional background and skills) and local environmental problem. There is no need to send any additional document (e.g. CV, motivation letter). Videos should be sent in ZIP format or via the WeTransfer platform, to the following e-mail address:
- email@example.com for Serbia
- firstname.lastname@example.org for Montenegro
- email@example.com for Kosovo*
- firstname.lastname@example.org for Bosnia and Herzegovina
The call is opened until October 21st, 2020.
A short online interview with team of experts will be organized for 16 pre-selected participants, between October 26-28th 2020, in order to confirm their background and interest. Final list will be published no later than October 29th, 2020
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSC 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.