Flood Releif 2014
EUROPEAN MOVEMENT IN SERBIA IN RELEF EFFORTS FOR FLOODED AREAS
Immediately after devastating floods May 2014, European Movement in Serbia (EMinS) took active role in raising funds and distribution of humanitarian aid for citizens in need in the affected areas.
During past months, thanks to Movement’s members, associates, and friends who responded to the EMinS’s appeal, paid their membership fees or gave significant donations, EMinS has collected the total amount of 237,952.09 RSD. In addition to this, EMinS itself has contributed by donating 10% of monthly earnings of all employees and 50.000 dinars acquired by the Movement’s commercial activities during 2014.
EMinS’s local councils and other members of its Network have been actively involved in collecting humanitarian aid and spreading the word about the most urgent needs of stricken areas.
Humanitarian aid has been distributed according to citizens’ needs at the spot. In cooperation with Youth Office of Indjija and journalists of ,,Danas’’ daily newspaper, EMinS donated baby equipment, food and disinfectants to the Red Cross of Svilajnac on 27th May. Furthermore, six families from Obrenovac each received two beds with mattresses, while Paraćin municipality received 15 beds in total in mid-July. Twenty citizens in most urgent situations from Smederevska Palanka received the aid package with blankets, a quilts, pillows and bedding, while company ’’Senko komerc’’ donated shoes for another 100 citizens.
In October EMinS’s made a donation of beds with mattresses to two families from Obrenovac in cooperation with the Atiup Company. Aid distribution activities were continued in November with a visit to Krupanj.
Ten packages of school supplies was handed over to pupils of the “Borivoje Ž. Milojević” elementary school branches in Dvorska and Krasava villages of the Krupanj area.
European Movement in Serbia will continue raising funds and humanitarian aid to be donated in accordance with the needs of citizens in areas most affected by the floods. This page will publish important information about funds collected, as well as activities related to aid distribution. For additional information about EMinS humanitarian activities, follow our Facebook and Twitter profiles.
We would like to express our gratitude to all members, associates, colleagues, and friends who responded to the appeal and paid their membership fees and gave donations and invited others to join us. It is important to continue this humanitarian action because there are still many areas that need help and support in overcoming the adversity.
Balance of Payments on November 11, 2014 (click for full view):
EMinS had sent an appeal upon its sister organizations, European Movements around Europe, to engage in collecting humanitarian aid and spreading information regarding the difficult situation in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia caused by unprecedented floods.
Appeal was sent to the International European Movement in Brussels, the European Movement Germany, France, Belgium, Finland, Norway and other countries, in order to inform the European public, institutions and its members about the size of the tragedy and its effect on our region and to support efforts to reconstruct and mitigate the consequences in these countries.
- Stanje računa sa donacijama na dan 11. novembar 2014. godine
- Stanje računa sa donacijama na dan 21. oktobar 2014. godine
- Stanje računa sa donacijama na dan 3. oktobar 2014. godine
- Stanje računa sa donacijama na dan 18. jul 2014. godine
- Stanje računa sa donacijama na dan 14. jul 2014. godine
- Stanje računa sa donacijama na dan 13. jun 2014. godine
- Stanje računa sa donacijama na dan 27. maj 2014. godine
- Lista računa za uplatu pomoći ugroženim područjima u Srbiji i instrukcije za plaćanje 22. maj. 2014.
- EMinS visited Krupanj villages: 10 packages of school supplies delivered to elementary school pupils in Dvorska and Krasava, November 21, 2014.
- Evropski pokret u Srbiji uručio krevete sa dušecima porodicama u Obrenovcu, 3. oktobar 2014.
- EMinS in refeilf efforts: ditributing aid to flood struck population in Serbia
- European Movement in Serbia handed aid: beds to Paraćin and quilts, blankets and bedding to Smederevska Palanka, July 14, 2014.
- European Movement in Serbia delivered 10 beds for 6 families in Obrenovac, July 11, 2014.
- European Movement in Serbia, journalists of “Danas” and the Municipality of Indjija deliver aid to the Red Cross Svilajnac, May 27, 2014.
- European Movement in Serbia is to help those in need, opted 50,000 RSD of assets acquired by registered commercial activities this year
- EMinS issued appeal to European Movement Family across Europe