National Convention on the European Union (NCEU) is a permanent body within which the thematically structured debate on the accession of Serbia to EU is led among the representatives of the state administration, political parties, independent bodies, non-governmental organizations, experts, industry, trade unions, and professional organizations.
The overall objective is to establish transparent and inclusive process of Serbia’s accession to the EU, which provides consultations with civil society, participation and monitoring throughout the process, as well as increasing the quality of the information provided for the Serbian public.
- Regular consultations of bodies, organs and institutions of the Republic of Serbia with relevant stakeholders: civil society, local government and industry representatives in the negotiation processes in its various stages,
- Defining recommendations and opinions on Serbia’s negotiating position, monitoring of compliance with standards and requirements for membership in the various sectors of the negotiating chapters,
- Transparent and open dialogue during the screening, development of negotiating positions during the negotiations and in monitoring the implementation of reforms and commitments during the negotiations,
- Better and more efficient informing of the public about the process of accession negotiations and the consequences (liabilities of different groups, businesses, citizens, etc.)
- Being informed about EU decision and attitudes, in order for European institutions to be more informed about priorities and views of civil society on specific issues
National Convention on the EU operates on the principle of partnership between the public sector and institutions directly involved in the negotiation process and the non-state sector and civil society organizations, political parties, academia, business, media and the general public.
EMinS is in charge of leading working groups 11, 12, 13 (agriculture and rural development, food safety and fisheries) coordinated by prof. Dr. Dejan Krnjaić. EMinS is also in charge of Working Group 22 (Regional Policy and Coordination of Structural Instruments) and Working Group 33 (Financial and Budgetary Provisions) coordinated by Dr. Valentina Ivanic.